Saturday, June 09, 2012

Summer Job. LOL.


“Become a talent in another TVC”

That was one of my goals for this year. During my internship, I was given the chance to become an extra in a TVC.  It was my first time and I knew that I wanted to do it again! Why? Because I think it’s funny whenever I see a glimpse of myself on TV/ in cinemas (even if it’s just me passing books, portraying a runaway bride, walking til I get to the marked area or pretending to do something that the director tells me to do) plus I get to include all these experiences in my book-of-interesting-experiences-that-can-be shared-to-my-future-children-and-grandchildren. Whew.

There’s this saying “Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.” Well then people, I have my version:

“Always the extra, never the lead”

But hey, I am not complaining! Which is why when my former officemates mentioned that they needed extras for their shoot, I immediately put my game face on and said.. “Join ako diyan!”. Call time was 8AM at GAMA Studios. Gah, I missed that freezing cold studio. When I stepped inside, I saw the crew setting up for the first shot. Some of them saw me, went up to me and we gave each other high fives! Kwentuhan here and there! Kain here and there! At walang katapusang kodakan here and there! Haha! More extras arrived and tadaaah! To my surprise, two of my college friends arrived!

Move on lead talent, it’s our turn now! There were about 40+ extras and 8 of us were placed a few spaces beside each other and held these remote controls. Then we were instructed to say our lines while looking serious. It took us about 7 takes just to be sure that the director had a good number of materials to choose from. Then we had to say the same line over and over again while smiling at the camera. Pa-happy effect ba! Then we had to change tops for another take and yes.. said the same lines again. The reason for that was so it’d seem as if there was a large number of different people in the background when in fact there were just a bunch of us.

When we were finished with our shots, I decided to stay until the shoot’s done. I guess I just missed being around the lights, camera and crew. And I also wanted to see the Mega Star in person (who’s very beautiful!)

Now, ladies and gentlemen.. May I present to you me & my buddies’ latest TV commercial (Okay Derek and Ate Shawie, isasama ko na nga rin kayo sa intro)



No comments: