Monday, April 30, 2012

It's gonna be May! (tomorrow)

And I am back! I have been busy lately you see. Busy rolling around my bed trying to find that perfect sleeping position. Busy searching the net for job opportunities. Busy walking around the streets of makati just because I missed that place. Busy attending interviews. And busy baking.

Yay! My love for baking has been growing stronger and stronger each passing day. I've been accepting orders from my mother's officemates for the past two months & trying out new recipes in order to keep me sane (and for me to survive financially). I never thought that having too much vacation would be this crazy!!! I had to be busy because if I wasn't doing anything, my brain would start thinking about the future.. and start asking questions like "what has become of you 2 years after your graduation?" or "Did you put your parents' money to waste?" and all the dramatic questions.

Whew. I found myself depressed a couple of times while rocking on our rocking chair. Haha!

Here's the deal: If I dont get the job in this major food company I applied for (office work!). I would start sending emails to different chefs and foodstylists, telling them the story of my life and that I would love to be their assistant. Wish me luck.

So here are some of the food shots of my baked goodies (Feeling food stylist na! haha!)

Lemon Burst bars
 My mom loves these! She requested me to bake some because she's not really a fan of uber sweet stuff and she'd love to nibble on something while she's on vacation. Anything for you mom!

Chocolate Chip cookies
 I tried 5 different recipes before I found "The One". Actually, the one wasn't really the one yet. What I did was combined two different recipes and came up with these! Yay! Now they're perfect. I'm super happy whenever there are orders for these babies because I get to keep the extras. Haha! Midnight snack ya'll!


Salted Butter Caramel Ice cream
 We bought a Cuisinart ice cream maker last year and eversince, I've been wanting to churn this one! Sadly, I didn't love it. It lived up to it's name. It was really salty and caramel-ish. We loved it after three spoonfulls, but got sick of it after the fourth. But I am happy to know that our ice cream maker works! Next flavor I'd love to try and churn would be Dark Chocolate Ice cream.


Chew Chocolate Meringues

I was expecting it to look like your typical bakery meringue. And the photo attached to the recipe didn't look like these either. But who cares! I love the fact that they looked like macarons and that when you bite into it, the middle had these soft pillowy goodness. Yum!


Cornmeal Lime cookies
I've always wanted to bake these cookies since last year but had no idea where to buy cornmeal. But now that I've got you Mr. Cornmeal, it's time! The buttery cookie with the crunch of cornmeal + the zing of the lime glaze is a perfect combo! Mom loved it of course. (Hindi daw nakakasawa! Ganon? Haha!)


Buhhhrownies!
 I have been baking these for a long time but only got to take a decent picture last week. Haha! Fudge attack!!! My little cousins love these!


Lemon Meltaways
These shortbread cookies have a sort of soft melt in your mouth type of feel. PJ said it's like polvoron. But it's not! I don't think so! :P I love love love these! They're my new favorite. :)

Not in picture (sad) are Chocolate revel bars, Bread Pudding, Carrot cupcakes and Blueberry Crumb bars. My other favorites. Actually, I love em all! Haha! No to favoritism pala! :)

I am excited to bake new goodies next week! Yahoo! Eat Desserts first! :D

2 comments:

afparungao said...

kakagutom cams!!! i love desserts :-)

Wado Tan Siman said...

parang professional naaaa! tell me pag gagawa ka nung lemon bursts! natikman ko yung sa Mary Grace, gusto ko. =D