Monday, June 22, 2015

Dad's Day

I have this office friend whom I've gotten close to when I transferred to a different Show.

Grumpy at times pero we get along really well. I admire him because whenever we talk, he would always have something new and interesting to say. He is somewhat like a walking google. We can talk about all sorts of topics. Kalokohan, techie tips, mga kinaiinisan na tao sa office etc.. Halos lahat. Maliban na lang pag tungkol na sa family niya. He is secretive or maybe he just chooses not to talk about them to other people.

But today I can say that I am a proud friend because he poured his guts out when he posted this status about his father. Im not sure if he's afraid of expressing his emotions about family matters pero if he is, then he has finally conquered his fear. He shared a deeper and somehow another side of him that not all of us know. Reading it moved me lalo na dahil nakikita ko silang magkausap sa skype before and I could see how happy he was whenever he talked to his father. I am proud because he no longer needed to keep his feelings to himself especially during his weakest point in life. Hindi umiral ang pride or whatsoever it was that prevented him from just being his true self. 

Maybe I should try to put my feelings about my father into writing too. 

No comments: