Wednesday, November 09, 2011

My first attempt on making ice cream

 "There's no such thing as a bad batch of home-made ice cream" - Ben & Jerry


I would like to think of that saying whenever I have a spoonful of the ice cream I made last night. The ice cream maker I ordered from Ebay a few months ago finally arrived! All the way from USA!
*Applause!*


What better way to celebrate it's homecoming than by making a batch of milk chocolate ice cream! I followed the recipe from my favorite ice cream book. When all was done, the author mentioned that the mixture must be chilled for about 30 minutes. Being the overly-excited one, I just chilled it for about 15 mins and dumped all inside the ice cream maker's bowl.


Sadly, It didn't freeze.
I checked out youtube videos & mine wasn't even near any of their frozen delights.
Lesson learned, follow instructions.


I brought it to the office today & officemates got a spoonful each. It's too rich and pudding-ish that two spoonfuls are enough to satisfy your craving for something sweet.






It was literally death by chocolate.
Plus add some soggy cornflakes inside.






Mistakes happen. Which is why I will try again, a different flavor this time.


Peanut butter & Jelly?
Lemon?
Salted Butter Caramel?

Now I shall go to our pantry and have another round of my frozen chocolate pudding. Yum-oh!

No comments: