Monday, September 27, 2010

So you had a bad day

Tomorrow will be our final presentation to the agency.

You see, we have this fully animated tvc as of the moment and im in charge of what's going on in the editors' world. It's not that hard actually. I just have to make sure that the editors get the job done correctly, feed them with human food, be the spokesperson for the team (talk to the producer etc) fix and update them with the sched. Sounds easy breezy.

I just hate the fact that the rendering of this 3d thingamajig takes sooooo long.

Reader: Really? How long?
the editor: 17 minutes per frame. I'm rendering 21 frames right now. 21 frames for a 2 second bursting effect. So 17 minutes times 21 frames equals = 5 hours and 57 minutes. Geek alert!


And then when you view it, director finds something wrong with it again.
Director gives his comments re: the revisions.
Editors edit/revise.
And then long rendering.
Repeat until everything is perfect.


Yes. Perfection exists in this industry. Thou shall not stop the editing until the director, client and agency is happy.

Sigh.

Dear time, I just cant get enough of you. I need you. More of you.



So im trying to enjoy my day today.
Because i dont know what will happen tomorrow. (hopefully there no war of the words)
Hooray for you kk donuts. You made my day.

No comments: